In 1928, the Saratoga School Board authorized the construction of elementary classrooms and a gym complete with a stage. Through the years, this school building underwent many changes form Saratoga's Elementary School, the Platte Valley High School and Saratoga's Middle School to eventually become the Platte Valley Community Center.
The transformation from school to community center began with a Community Assessment in 2001, where it became apparent that a Community/Convention Center was high on the wish list. A Joint Powers Board was formed, along with several committees of local volunteers. With the support of local citizens, grant opportunities and private donors, plans ensued to build a community center.
The Platte Valley Community Center opened its doors in 2006, providing the Platte Valley with opportunities for performing arts, children's activities and programs, social gatherings, events, banquets, business seminars, meetings and conventions, school activities, court and mat sports, fitness training and classes.